By Lauren Hopkins (PYP Coordinator, ES International School BCN), and Aisling Lawless (Elementary Principal, ES International School BCN)
This past July, our Elementary School received confirmation of acceptance as an IB PYP World School. We are delighted to offer the PYP program and receive authorization for all the hard work and commitment to improving the elementary years of our school through IB’s world-class methodology.
We are very proud of the accomplishments mentioned on our report. In many areas we were delighted to read that we exceeded IB’s expectations and were commended for our dedication to the program. The following are key statements taken directly from our commendation list.
- The community have embraced the IB philosophy.
- There is a strong commitment to collaborative planning, involving students in designing student-led conferences.
- Strategies used by the school ensure international mindedness.
- There is a strong culture of open communication and respect and a commitment to collaborative planning.
- All teachers in the school demonstrate a strong sense of responsibility for supporting the language development of students.
- IB Attitudes and skills that support meaningful action are promoted throughout the school, such as designing a new playground or helping clean up a beach in the local community.
- The school has built a positive school culture based on understanding and respect.
- Students are very aware of their development.
The Professional Learning Team will now use the feedback provided in the report to begin planning for growth as we continue our PYP journey. Even amid these unprecedented times of a global pandemic, we are eager and energetic to progress and learn from our experiences to grow in the best direction for educating our youngest student-athletes.
We look forward to continuing to grow together.
Lauren Hopkins, PYP Coordinator, ES International School BCN
Aisling Lawless, Elementary Principal, ES International School BCN