Pre-Tournament week objectives
- Get used to the tournament environment: facilities, weather, and staff.
- Work on tactical and mental aspects to strengthen your game.
- Gain confidence.
More Advantages of the program
- We offer a safe, secure, and peaceful setting. The Academy is located within a gated facility with 24-hour supervision.
- A team of supervisors care for our students: The supervisors live on campus and are responsible for the safety and welfare of the players. Players can live on campus from 12 years old and above and from 10 years old during the summer.
- Accommodation is adapted to the needs of each player: players can live on-campus, either in the residence, or the bungalows. A head supervisor is responsible for each accommodation area, together with the supervisor team.
- Good health insurance and physiotherapy services: The Pre-Tournament Program includes premium health insurance from Mapfre. This policy includes coverage for illness, as well as for injuries. Also, our Physiotherapy Department is available to the players if they need it.
- Transfers and laundry (included in boarding programs), banking services, and pro-shop.
- And the opportunity to train on court with Emilio Sánchez Vicario (Naples).
What will I do
- Specific exercises aimed at improving your competition skills.
- High intensity training.
- Play points to work on your strong skills, observe the opponent’s weaknesses and learn to take advantage of them.
- Practice the beginning of a point with serves and returns.
- Get used to the tournament’s court surface.
ES Academy training system
- The ES Academy Training System© is unique in the world. Designed by Emilio Sánchez Vicario, it is based on four core pillars: technical, tactical, physical and mental.
- Each of these four pillars is developed intensively, and each is tailored to the player’s stage, which depends on age, physical condition and tennis level. The stages are reflected in the ES Academy Development Pyramid©, and range from the initiation stage to the elite stage.
- In the area of sports science, the program includes all services on site that the player may need, such as physical training, nutrition, sports psychology, and physiotherapy.
- The ES Academy Training System© includes the ES Academy Athlete Mind System: an on-court and off-court mental coaching system with the mental and tennis coaches working together.
Players can boost their tennis level even further with the Push Program.
- The Push Program can be integrated within the Weekly Holiday Camp and includes one hour a day, Monday through Friday, of private tennis training. This allows student-athletes to work intensively on the technical and tactical side of the game.
- Two hours per week of physical training are provided in a group of maximum 4 players.
- One session of Mental Training is offered in a separate group of 1 to 4 players.
- Students can choose their preferred foreign language: Spanish or English. These classes are offered by native teachers at ES American School, a private American school located on campus, and which is fully accredited by official bodies both the US and Spain.
- Elementary to advanced levels of classes are offered.
- Class groups organized by level and age.
What will you learn?
The developmental pyramid of the Emilio Sánchez Academy Players
Based on the ES Academy Training System© used in our Academies, Emilio Sánchez Vicario has created a pyramid to describe the evolution of players as they progress for their athletic development, by age and level of play.
Each stage of this evolution has its own general and specific objectives for each pillar of training (technical, tactical, physical and mental).
Click on the links below for further information about each stage of the pyramid.